His appearance is similar to Tori's, with blue eyes and black hair, though on Tumblr, Oseman has stated that he is the only sibling of three to have curly hair.
Charlie is highly-strung and tends to overthink things. He is very sensitive and deals with several mental health problems (Solitaire, Heartstopper chapter 4 onward). He tends to apologise a lot.
In Solitaire, Tori describes him as being nice, a characteristic she believes is underrated and can be taken advantage of.
- Charlie is left-handed.
- He plays the drums.
- Originally, Oseman had said that his Hogwarts house would be Ravenclaw, however this was later changed to Slytherin as she believed it to be a better fit.
- His MBTI is ISTP.
- In the Heartstopper mini-comic, 'Boyband Crush', Charlie reveals that he has a crush on the boys from The Ark, specifically Rowan Omondi
- He is the only person allowed to call his sister 'Victoria' rather than 'Tori', and is the only person to do so occasionally (not counting Lucas and Michael.)
- He suffers from OCD, anorexia, anxiety and depression throughout the course of Heartstopper and Solitaire.
- The most common actor used to represent Charlie is Asa Butterfield, with Oseman acknowledging that he resembles him, however if a screen adaptation of Solitaire was to happen, he would be too old to play the 15 year old.